Product Specifications : kSA UV BandiT
kSA UV BandiT
- Band Edge Temperature
- Film Thickness
- Growth Rate
The kSA UV/VIS BandiT is a non-contact, non-invasive, real-time wafer and film temperature monitor used for process monitoring and control during thin-film deposition and thermal processing. Using the temperature-dependent optical absorption edge inherent in semiconductor materials, kSA UV/VIS BandiT provides temperature monitoring in applications where pyrometers cannot, including substrates that are transparent in the IR, such as GaN, SiC, Ga2O3, and AlN. This is a direct measurement of the wafer or film temperature and not the temperature of a backside metal coating or the wafer carrier emperature. Unlike conventional pyrometry, BandiT’s band edge temperature measurement technique is insensitive to changing viewport transmission, stray light, and stray light from substrate or source heaters.
Spectrometer: 190-500 nm, 512 element Si array
AlN template on a sapphire substrate:
The data above shows band edge spectra measured from 200°C to 900°C on a 1 µm AlN template on a sapphire substrate manufactured by Dowa Electronics Materials Co. The associated BandiT calibration curve on the right indicates a band edge shift with temperature of ~ 28°C/nm.
The data above shows band edge spectra measured from 100°C to 800°C on a 550 µm AlN substrate manufactured by HexaTech Inc. The associated BandiT calibration curve on the right indicates a band edge shift with temperature of ~ 28°C/nm.
The data above shows band edge spectra measured from 200°C to 900°C on a Fe-doped Ga2O3 substrate manufactured by Tamura. The associated BandiT calibration curve on the right indicates a band edge shift with a temperature of
- Optical Access: Operated in transmission with optical light pipe or reflection with use of two non-specular viewports.
- Viewports: Requires EUV grade viewports to minimize signal absorption.
- Detector: 190nm – 500nm spectrometer with a directly-coupled 0.5 m fiber. (Range may be customized upon request).
- Laser Driven Light Source (LDLS): Offers high intensity, uniform light flux in UV range with a long operational lifetime.
- Ozone Mitigation: UV/VIS BandiT detector and light source optics have nitrogen purge ports to mitigate ozone generation.
- Blackbody/Pyrometry: The addition of a NIR spectrometer offers the ability to measure the temperature of back-side metal coatings.
k-Space highly recommends purchasing a computer from k-Space for optimum use with kSA BandiT data acquisition and analysis software. Computers purchased from k-Space have all software, drivers, suggested settings, and required files pre-installed for fast and easy system set-up. Please refer to the kSA Computer Product Specifications for details.
System Power: 120VAC with 10A max or 230VAC with 5A max, 50/60Hz compatible.
System Gas: Grade 6 Nitrogen or better gas purity is recommended for LDLS. Supply pressure should be 20 psig (0.14 MPa) (relative pressure). House nitrogen required to purge optics heads.
Installation and Training
A minimum of 2-3 days of on-site customer installation and training are required with system purchase.
All kSA systems and integrated components are warranted against defective materials and workmanship for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of delivery to the original purchaser.