k-Space Associates, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of in-situ, in-line, and ex-situ metrology tools for the semiconductor, thin-film, and photovoltaic industries. Our products utilize optical imaging technology for non-contact, non-invasive real-time data acquisition, processing, and analysis of temperature, film thickness and growth rate, curvature and film stress, surface quality and atomic spacing, and optical constants. Our products are used for monitoring thin-film deposition processes, including MBE, MOCVD, PLD, PVD, ALD, sputtering, and evaporation. Incorporated in 1992 and driven to supply the best technical support in the industry, our tools are used worldwide in both research and production. We are looking for positive, results driven people to join our team. Please see our current job openings listed below.
k-Space is looking for a part-time machinist (16-24 hrs/week) to help with low volume and one off/custom parts machining. We are looking for a personable, creative individual that likes problem solving and can help with custom parts design as well as fabrication. Details of the position are listed below. Interested candidates should email their resume to [email protected], or fax their resume to (734) 426-7955.
MACHINIST SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The successful candidate will use milling machines, CNC lathes, and grinders to create custom metal and plastic parts with a high degree of accuracy. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment used to produce goods.
MACHINIST ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads and understands the specifications or blueprints for the work to be done and plans the steps to be taken to complete the project.
- Uses knowledge of available materials and the latest technologies to plan and select the material and tools to be used for the project.
- Shapes the material by cutting, drilling, boring, turning, milling, planning, and grinding.
- Finishes and assembles parts by hand and uses scribers, gauges, and other instruments to achieve accuracy.
- Remains up to date on information about new technology in materials, methods and equipment.
- Utilizes handheld tools such as a handheld screw and drill gun.
- Maintain inventory as needed
A high school diploma or GED is required; vocational training is preferred. Machinist certification (e.g., CNC Machining) is desired. Good mechanical aptitude, dexterity, and hand-eye coordination are required.
k-Space is looking for a full-time Machine Vision Engineer with experience in designing, creating and maintaining solutions composed of image processing, image-based gaging and sensor-based data acquisition and processing. Details of the position are posted below. Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
• Proven hands-on experience with LabView, Vision Builder or equivalent systems
• Experience deploying custom image-based metrology and gaging
• Image-based algorithm development (code or block/ladder)
• BS, B.S.E or higher in engineering/technical field
• Good communication skills, including writing design/technical documents and oral presentation
• Can self-manage, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
• Strives to be an excellent engineer, is eager to explore new technologies and develop new skills
Nice to have:
• Experience with deploying solutions in an industrial/factory environment
• Experience with PLCs, factory controls and industrial HMIs