k-Space Associates, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of in-situ, in-line, and ex-situ metrology tools for the semiconductor, thin-film, and photovoltaic industries. Our products utilize optical imaging technology for non-contact, non-invasive real-time data acquisition, processing, and analysis of temperature, film thickness and growth rate, curvature and film stress, surface quality and atomic spacing, and optical constants. Our products are used for monitoring thin-film deposition processes, including MBE, MOCVD, PLD, PVD, ALD, sputtering, and evaporation. Incorporated in 1992 and driven to supply the best technical support in the industry, our tools are used worldwide in both research and production. We are looking for positive, results driven people to join our team. Please see our current job openings listed below.
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Product and Field Service Engineer (FSE) to join our team. The successful candidate will focus on the installation, testing, and qualification of k-Space thin-film metrology tools. The initial 3 months will be spent learning the operation, troubleshooting, and qualification procedures for the metrology tools to be deployed. The successful candidate will then install, test, and qualify the metrology tools both at k-Space and at the customer site. When not testing or installing metrology tools, the successful candidate will aid with product development and customer support. It is anticipated that the FSE will be required to travel ~ 30-40% of work time. Both domestic and international travel will be required.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or materials science from an accredited university.
- Self-driven and results oriented with proven ability to multitask while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Personable, outgoing, and positive approach to work and life.
- Good manual dexterity and good vision.
- Ability to work with small parts and work in tight spaces (e.g. during production installations at customer sites).
- Good verbal and written communications skills (English).
- Proficient with Windows-based PC’s, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with thin-film deposition processes and techniques is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with vacuum technology is preferred, but not required.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. work Visa that allows for international travel.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Production Technician to join our production team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Efficient cable harness and PCB board soldering
- Assemble electronic assemblies via following detailed assembly instructions
- Test electronic assemblies for proper operation using voltmeters and oscilloscopes
- Mechanical assembly of detailed components via following detailed assembly instructions
- Generating assembly and test procedure documents as needed
- Perform calibration procedures on completed mechanical and electrical components
- Use Windows-based software for test and calibration of mechanical and electrical components
- Minimum of 1-year experience with electrical and/or mechanical assembly
- Strong soldering and small part assembly skills
- Attention to detail and meticulous approach to assembly, testing, and calibration
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Personable and willing to work in a team environment
- Proficient using Windows-based PCs
- Proficient using MS Office applications, esp. Excel and Word
- Good writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- College degree from an accredited institution is preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
k-Space is looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee our sales team, including our worldwide distributors and representatives. The Sales Manager will work directly with customers to understand their thin-film metrology needs, and work to provide the right solution for them. In addition, the successful candidate will provide technical sales support to our existing customer base, research and identify new market opportunities, and assist in marketing efforts to expand customers/markets via personal visits, trade shows, and phone calls.
- Represent k-Space Associates, Inc. and its products to distributors, OEMs, and end user customers, primarily in the thin-film market.
- Provide quotations, technical information, sales & product presentations to customers.
- Coordinate and be a liaison with international distributors (currently 7 distributors) to answer their technical questions and support their sales.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with current customers and promoting the k-Space brand at networking events.
- Responsible for negotiating complete purchase orders including technical specifications and terms and conditions of the sale.
- Provide detailed customer requirements and system configuration parameters for tool production.
- Coordinate with product engineers to schedule installations and service calls, and provide necessary design modifications for custom orders
- Work in conjunction with marketing to review and develop printed and digital sales collateral material as appropriate.
- Must possess at least 3 years of direct experience working in semiconductor and/or thin-film deposition market.
- Must possess at least 3 years of sales and/or business development work experience.
- Must be self-driven and results oriented with proven ability to multitask while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with engineering, production and logistics departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or materials science, however, a master’s or PhD in one of these areas is preferred.
- Must work from the k-Space Associates, Inc. headquarters in Dexter, MI.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Lab Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will maintain our vacuum chambers, as well as add capabilities to existing chambers. General lab maintenance and organization will also be required. Testing of k-Space metrology tools on the chambers will be required. Processing of data acquired from our metrology tools will also be required, as well as generating reports on the processed data and metrology tool performance.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with vacuum equipment and deposition chambers is required. Qualified applicants must have good organizational and communication skills. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred but not required. Experience with thin-film deposition processes is preferred but not required. Computer proficiency in MS Windows/Word/Excel is required. Experience with soldering, wiring, mechanical assembly, and electrical assembly is required. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]