k-Space Associates, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of in-situ, in-line, and ex-situ metrology tools for the semiconductor, thin-film, and photovoltaic industries. Our products utilize optical imaging technology for non-contact, non-invasive real-time data acquisition, processing, and analysis of temperature, film thickness and growth rate, curvature and film stress, surface quality and atomic spacing, and optical constants. Our products are used for monitoring thin-film deposition processes, including MBE, MOCVD, PLD, PVD, ALD, sputtering, and evaporation. Incorporated in 1992 and driven to supply the best technical support in the industry, our tools are used worldwide in both research and production. We are looking for positive, results driven people to join our team. Please see our current job openings listed below.
k-Space is looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee our sales team, including our worldwide distributors and representatives. The Sales Manager will work directly with customers to understand their thin-film metrology needs, and work to provide the right solution for them. In addition, the successful candidate will provide technical sales support to our existing customer base, research and identify new market opportunities, and assist in marketing efforts to expand customers/markets via personal visits, trade shows, and phone calls.
- Represent k-Space Associates, Inc. and its products to distributors, OEMs, and end user customers, primarily in the thin-film market.
- Provide quotations, technical information, sales & product presentations to customers.
- Coordinate and be a liaison with international distributors (currently 7 distributors) to answer their technical questions and support their sales.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with current customers and promoting the k-Space brand at networking events.
- Responsible for negotiating complete purchase orders including technical specifications and terms and conditions of the sale.
- Provide detailed customer requirements and system configuration parameters for tool production.
- Coordinate with product engineers to schedule installations and service calls, and provide necessary design modifications for custom orders
- Work in conjunction with marketing to review and develop printed and digital sales collateral material as appropriate.
- Must possess at least 3 years of direct experience working in semiconductor and/or thin-film deposition market.
- Must possess at least 3 years of sales and/or business development work experience.
- Must be self-driven and results oriented with proven ability to multitask while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with engineering, production and logistics departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or materials science, however, a master’s or PhD in one of these areas is preferred.
- Must work from the k-Space Associates, Inc. headquarters in Dexter, MI.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Lab Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will maintain our vacuum chambers, as well as add capabilities to existing chambers. General lab maintenance and organization will also be required. Testing of k-Space metrology tools on the chambers will be required. Processing of data acquired from our metrology tools will also be required, as well as generating reports on the processed data and metrology tool performance.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with vacuum equipment and deposition chambers is required. Qualified applicants must have good organizational and communication skills. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred but not required. Experience with thin-film deposition processes is preferred but not required. Computer proficiency in MS Windows/Word/Excel is required. Experience with soldering, wiring, mechanical assembly, and electrical assembly is required. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Product and Field Service Engineer (FSE) to join our team. The successful candidate will focus on the installation, testing, and qualification of k-Space thin-film metrology tools. The initial 3 months will be spent learning the operation, troubleshooting, and qualification procedures for the metrology tools to be deployed. The successful candidate will then install, test, and qualify the metrology tools both at k-Space and at the customer site. When not testing or installing metrology tools, the successful candidate will aid with product development and customer support. It is anticipated that the FSE will be required to travel ~ 40-50% of work time. Both domestic and international travel will be required.
Qualified applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science from an accredited university. Experience with thin-film deposition processes is preferred. Good organizational and communication skills are required, as well as a detail-oriented approach to problem solving. The successful FSE will install, test, and troubleshoot metrology tools at various locations worldwide, in addition to helping with product development on-site at k-Space headquarters in Dexter, MI. Computer proficiency in MS Windows/Word/Excel is required. Experience with soldering, wiring, and mechanical assembly is preferred. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]